Chambless King is actively seeking a versatile and team-oriented Project Architect for the firm’s Montgomery office and for the firm’s Birmingham office. Prospective candidates should have project management skills with experience as a Lead Project Architect for large and medium scale projects including those for institutional, municipal, and corporate clients. Candidates must be upbeat, creative, self-motivated, well-organized and have excellent communication skills.
• Manage all aspects of a project, working with consultants, contractors, fabricators, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
• Assist a project team in resolving complex technical and design issues to produce innovative and constructible solutions.
• Understand the building process and create technical documents that succinctly describe how to construct a building and achieve the design intent.
• Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture.
• Licensed Architect (U.S.) or on the path to licensure.
• 5 + years of related experience.
• Extensive Revit experience required.
• Excellent working knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures.
• Experience in technical development of projects at varying scales and types.
• Ability to be flexible and focus on multiple clients with a variety of project types in various stages of development.
• Leadership, communication and relationship management skills.
Chambless King Architects is an award‐winning, multi‐faceted design firm located in downtown Montgomery. Our projects are scattered throughout Alabama and the Southeast and comprise a wide range of scales and building types. Recent projects include a corporate office complex in Huntsville, AL, the Montgomery Interpretive Center civil rights museum, a 911 Center in northeast Alabama, and an adaptive‐reuse housing project in downtown Prattville, AL. Please submit your resume to email@example.com.